Should you find yourself on campus in the midst of a tornado, there are a couple things you should know that can keep you safe during the whole ordeal.
- Do not panic or run to the windows to see outside where the storm is coming from. Stay away from the windows because flying debris can easily come through.
- Calmly take cover in a safe place immediately.
- If you can, go to the Hub in 1600 Peachtree. Another option is the fitness room on the first floor. It is one of the safest places in the building because it is ground level, there are no windows and no exterior walls that debris from outside can break through.
- If you can’t make it to the main building before the warning, seek shelter in the television room of Spring House. ACA House residents will be directed by Woodruff security to a safe place.
- Do not leave the safe place until you have been given the “all clear” from security. Be patient and ride it out in safety.